The Nimbus Guide
Eager to get started? The quickstart guide is for you.
Coming from a different client? Check out the migration guide.
Nimbus is a client for the Ethereum network that is lightweight, secure and easy to use.
Its efficiency and low resource consumption allows it to perform well on all kinds of systems: ranging from Raspberry Pi's and mobile devices — where it contributes to low power consumption and security — to powerful servers where it leaves resources free to perform other tasks, such as running an execution node.
This book describes the consensus layer client,
An execution client, nimbus-eth1, is also under development.
- Beacon node with integrated validator client, slashing protection and doppelganger detection
- Stand-alone validator client with sentry node support
- Fast Beacon and KeyManager APIs with extensions
- Web3Signer remote signing
- Validator monitoring and performance analysis tooling
- External block builder (PBS / mev-boost) support with execution client fallback
- Light consensus client for running an execution client without a full beacon node
Get in touch
Need help with anything? Join us on Status and Discord.
If you'd like to contribute to Nimbus development:
- Our donation address is
- We're also listed on GitCoin
Subscribe to our newsletter here.
This documentation assumes Nimbus is in its ideal state. The project is still under active development. Please submit a Github issue if you come across a problem.