The Nimbus Guide
Eager to get started? The quickstart guide is for you.
Coming from a different client? Check out the migration guide.
Nimbus is a client for the Ethereum network that is lightweight, secure and easy to use.
Its efficiency and low resource consumption allows it to perform well on all kinds of systems, ranging from Raspberry Pi's and mobile devices where it contributes to low power consumption and security -- to powerful servers where it leaves resources free to perform other tasks, such as running an execution node.
This book describes the consensus layer client,
nimbus-eth2. A execution client, nimbus-eth1, is also under development.
- Beacon node with integrated validator client, slashing protection and doppelganger detection
- Stand-alone validator client with sentry node support
- Fast Beacon and KeyManager APIs with extensions
- Web3Signer remote signing
- Validator monitoring and performance analysis tooling
- External block builder (PBS / mev-boost) support with execution client fallback
- Light consensus client for running an execution client without a full beacon node
Get in touch
Need help with anything? Join us on Status and Discord.
If you'd like to contribute to Nimbus development:
- Our donation address is
- We're also listed on GitCoin
Subscribe to our newsletter here.
This documentation assumes Nimbus is in its ideal state. The project is still under active development. Please submit a Github issue if you come across a problem.